Monday, March 02, 2009

HAH! STEELE RETRACTS, FATS WINS

This is more proof that Limbaugh is the real voice of the GOP.

Steele to Rush: I'm sorry
By 3/2/09 5:58 PM EST
The Politico

Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele says he has reached out to Rush Limbaugh to tell him he meant no offense when he referred to the popular conservative radio host as an “entertainer” whose show can be “incendiary.”

“My intent was not to go after Rush – I have enormous respect for Rush Limbaugh,” Steele said in a telephone interview. “I was maybe a little bit inarticulate. … There was no attempt on my part to diminish his voice or his leadership.”

In the interview with Politico, Steele called Limbaugh “a very valuable conservative voice for our party.” “He brings a very important message to the American people to wake up and pay attention to what the administration is doing," Steele said. "Number two, there are those out there who want to look at what he’s saying as incendiary and divisive and ugly. That’s what I was trying to say. It didn’t come out that way..."

No comments: