Saturday, January 23, 2010

WHY DO PEOPLE BULLSHIT SO MUCH?

From Atrios, I learned that Simon Johnson suggested that Paul Krugman be nominated to be the Fed chief, an idea I really like. I read some of the comments to Johnson's post and came across this objection:
Yr kidding, right? Krugman has been writing for the New York Times for years and I can’t recall him ever using the terms ‘energy’ or ‘crude oil’ in a sentence.

Not even once.

That struck as wrong but I couldn't recall any particular Krugman column that did use these either or both terms. I went to LexisNexis and searched the NYT for the last 5 years for only items that Krugman wrote for the term "energy" and found 50 between 12/7/2009 and 2/22/2005. They don't all use the word as a subject term by itself (e.g., Harken Energy) but many of them do.

No comments: