Tuesday, March 22, 2011

BUSTING A BECK MYTH

Last week I heard a caller correct Beck about who Saul Alinsky dedicated "Rules for Radicals" to. It wasn't Satan, it was Irene! (page vii from Amazon Books LOOK INSIDE! feature) After the dedication, Alinsky included 3 quotes, one by himself.  From page ix:
"Where there are no men, be thou a man." - Rabbi Hillel

"Let them call me rebel and welcome, I feel no concern from it; but I should suffer the misery of devils, were I to make a whore of my soul..." - Thomas Paine

Lest we forget at least an over-the-shoulder acknowledgment to the very first radical: from all our legends, mythology and history (and who is to know where mythology leaves off and history begins - or which is which), the first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom - Lucifer. - Saul Alinksy

No comments: