Sunday, July 31, 2011

I HAVE TO ADMIT I DIDN'T THINK THE HOUSE BAGGERS WERE THIS CRAZY

I knew they were making a fuss about passing the Balanced Budget Amendment but I thought they only wanted to have the Senate vote on it.  (It was tabled - killed - in the Senate).  These wackos wanted enough Democrats to vote against their consciences to fulfill the Constitutional mandate to have 2/3rds of each chamber approve the amendment bill.

Joan McCarter at DKOs has a clip of Nutter Rep. Paul Ryan admitting that this proposal was unrealistic:
RYAN: What I never really agreed with is the idea that we would expect Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi to deliver 40 [and] 15 votes from Democrats for our version of the Balanced Budget Amendment. You know, I just never thought that was realistic, to demand Democrats vote against their conscious for our version of the Balanced Budget Amendment. So I just never thought that would work.

No comments: