Sunday, September 02, 2012

THIS IS CREEPY

I was reading this post by Charles Pierce about Mitten$ acceptance speech and came across this:
Now is the moment when we can stand up and say, "I'm an American. I make my destiny. And we deserve better! My children deserve better! My family deserves better. My country deserves better!"

That brought to mind Timothy McVeigh and the horror he perpetrated:


For his last words, McVeigh chose the poem "Invictus," which ends in these lines:
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

2 comments:

Ken Hoop said...

McVeigh's action, however, was in part an (ill-planned) reaction to the Police State's attacks on Waco.

Not all, but the most astute leftists have also called the government entrapment and assasination of Randy Weaver
part of this draconian series.

Romney's plans together with his support of the Patriot Act put him on the side of the continuation/enlargement of this Police State

Steve J. said...

I was trying to make the point that emphasizing the Individual at all costs can have horrific results.