Saturday, April 05, 2014

SERENDIPITY

I was looking through this blog's archives for something about local Tucson elections and I found this gem from Karl "New Math" Rove in October 2006:
Q: When Congress reconvenes in January, how many Democrats will be in the House and how many Democrats will be in the Senate?

Rove: A minority in each body. I expect Republican majorities in both houses.

Q: How can you be so sure of that?

Rove: Because I'm looking at it not only at the macro level but at individual races on a race-by-race level. I see the quality of the candidates and the issues on the table. I see the activity they have in place and I see the grassroots activity being generated around the country by the campaigns in conjunction with the Republican National Committee's 72-hour (voter turnout) task force. And I'm being inundated with data from all the individual races. It points strongly to a Republican Senate and to a Republican House.
Here's what happened:
DEMOCRATS RETAKE CONGRESS
Democrats took control of both the House of Representatives and the Senate for the first time in a dozen years in the 2006 midterm elections, and President Bush and top Democrats quickly promised to get along despite a rancorous campaign.
In 2012, Rove cemented his reputation for being a GOP hack.

No comments: