Friday, August 15, 2008

ANOTHER REASON NOT TO LIKE ABBA!

"Dancing Queen" is Granpa McCain's favorite song. It came out in 1976. He blamed his lack of musical taste on being shot down in 1967.

McCain rises to ABBA's defense
Posted: 08:10 AM ET

From CNN Political Producer Peter Hamby
August 15, 2008

Speaking to Walter Isaacson at the Aspen Institute in Colorado on Thursday, McCain found himself explaining a recent interview with Blender Magazine in which he selected ABBA’s 1976 track “Dancing Queen” as his favorite song.

“What were you thinking?,” Isaacson asked him, looking incredulous.

“If there is anything I am lacking in, I’ve got to tell you, it is taste in music and art and other great things in life,” McCain joked. “I’ve got to say that a lot of my taste in music stopped about the time I impacted a surface-to-air missile with my own airplane and never caught up again.”

Who did he like BEFORE he was shot down? Mel Torme? No one asked but McCain went on to say:
A few minutes later, following a question about Iraq’s budget surplus, McCain turned back to his discussion of the finer things in life, saying he plans to take an art class “when I have the opportunity.”

Will that be after he learns to get online all by himself?

No comments: